Monday, July 27, 2009

Our Yearly Getaway

I remain thoroughly convinced that I was *meant* to live in California (and I did at one point too ... so I remember & love the place). Why you ask? Well, my kids can tan (this is a BIG deal to Ryan ... hehehe), so shouldn't they be somewhere where they can fully enjoy this fact?It's just the non-stop congestion, high taxes, ridiculous cost of living, long commutes to & from work (darn liking your husband!) that get me. Otherwise, the beaches, DISNEYLAND (!!!), awesome weather, and fun variety of family things would have us living there in a heart beat. Oh well, a girl can always dream (and visit often!). :)

7 comments:

Britta said...

I totally agree...if it wasn't for those things we'd live there too.
Everytime we go my exzema is "cured", I never have to reapply lotion for the whole day. It's great!

the supportive husband said...

Well, being born and raised in California, I miss it. It was a great place to grow up. But then I remind myself that it is all those things that now make it a great place to VISIT!

MM said...

VISITING OFTEN sounds like a plan to me! I wish the driving distance for me was a little more realistic... CAT's been asking to go to Disneyland. Ha ha.

Lisa said...

I agree! I'm so jealous that your kids can tan. I wish I could!

Jason & Claire said...

Hey Kira-
I know I have your address somewhere but I can't seem to find it at the moment. Could you email it to me at claireleavittscott@gmail.com?
I have an invite for you guys;)

Jason & Claire said...

PS- Way cute pics. I totally agree with everything you said about Cali!

OurLittleFamily said...

Looks like you had so much fun. I bet that was a nice rest for you. You deserve it! Southern California is a great place to visit for sure!