Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Christmas to Remember

Hello everyone! This is Ryan posting. I know it has been a long time since I wrote last, (June 18, 2009 to be exact) but Kira does such a great job with the blog that I figure I don't need to (a.k.a. I'm a lazy blogger). I am glad that she saved me the Christmas post though. It was an amazing day and the kids had such a magical time. It has definately been an adventure coming up here to Cheyenne and moving right before Thanksgiving probably was not conducive to having a calm and non-hectic holiday. However, I must say that my amazing wife worked tirelessly putting together a home and Christmas that is one for the memory books.

There were a couple of presents I was a little leary about, the marshmallow guns and the Incredible Hulk boxing gloves. I remember when I first learned these were being given to the kids my reaction was something along the lines of "Are you crazy?". However, I am now forced to admit publicly to the blogging world that she was right and I was wrong. Both presents were a hit as you can see from the following pictures.


My strategic position was not the best but I had more ammunition so I didn't end up losing too badly.
Hunter's first TKO! :)
Kira was amazing and literally bargain shopped all year long, only buying the absolute best deals. We were shocked as we pulled it all out of the places we had been stashing it just how immense the kids Christmas was going to be. One of the things Santa did was buy after Halloween clearance costumes. The kids have pulled them out and played with their new dress up clothes everyday since then.

Between Santa and the grandma and grandpa's it is harder to find more spoiled and happy kids.
We hope everyone was able to enjoy a wonderful and blessed Christmas and if your curious about how Kira pulled off such a great Christmas at a fraction of what it typically cost us you will have to ask her because I am still trying to figure it out. :)

2 comments:

OurLittleFamily said...

How fun! The guns and the gloves looked great. What a great idea about the costumes. They all look great in their PJ's. I can't believe how grown up Jax looks! My goodness...they are growing up too fast. I enjoyed the Christmas post. And yes...Kira is the best bargain shopper...seriously!

MM said...

AHH, those kids have changed so much and they are sooooo darling! I also got the after halloween costume sales and they were WONDERFUL. $20 costumes were $2! YAY! Glad you had such an amazing Christmas. I knew you would. Your family is so dang cute! :)

okay so kira, will you be my shopper AND my cook?