Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Drastic Measures

The school year is quickly approaching. So I have been trying to finish the millions of little projects that need finishing, de-junking the house and deep cleaning where I can. Because once the school days start, we enter survival mode. I try to do as many big, fun projects withthe kids as possible ... so a lot of days school goes from sun up to sun down.
So trying to get a lot of stuff done isn't flowing very smoothly with a terrorizing ( but so sweet) 2 yo and a rolling/kind-of crawling 5 month old baby. So this morning I decided to take drastic measures. I hired a baby-sitter. And at $3 an hour he was THRILLED to earn a little extra cash!

So today for $6, I was able to deep clean the laundry room area, my bedroom, sew the binding on a quilt, catch up on my laundry and really scrub out my fridge. I normally make them help, but I thought he'd like the chance to earn some extra money ... he wants this game (it's rated E - a family rule-)... I don't have the heart to tell him it would take 6 more hours of baby-sitting (after tithing) to get it.

No comments: