Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Early Birthday to Me!

I love, love, love these temple pictures! They had a road show of the company at Costco this week. My sweet Ryan looked at me and told me that if I wanted the temple picture (personalized of course) for our home that I could order it for myself for my birthday (even though it's not for a few more weeks). I seriously have been talking about my serious love of those pictures for a while. And it is sooooo tempting ...
But, it's $130 for the personalized (if you order it thru Costco ... on-line is much, much more). And no way am I wasting $130 on a picture! Yes it's of the temple, but it's $130 and I could buy sooooo much with $130 that would help our family more than a picture on a wall. (And do you realize how many COUPONS I would have to cut to save us $130???)
But it got me thinking. I photoshop. I make baby announcements, graduation announcements, scrapbook, etc. ... I could do it myself! Well, not quite as good as the original (no matter how hard I tried!), but it is still pretty cool, the frame was $17, the print was $3. $20, instead of $130! SCORE!!! :)

5 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Happy birthday!!! I LOVE your temple picture! Have a great day. You deserve it, amazing lady! ;)

MM said...

awesome! happy K-DAY!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday!!! Those are my favorite Temple pictures too!

OurLittleFamily said...

You are so awesome!Happy Early Birthday to you lady!

Britta said...

Happy birthday! You are so creative! It would be hard for me to pay that much to. Way to go!
p.s. I hope you don't mind me looking on your blog, I found your's through Danielle's. You can look at my blog anytime!