Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Where's Waldo? ... I mean Ryan???

Okay ... so honey, seriously why did we do a joint blog again??? I love all your posts ... really I do! LOL.

Ryan's been so busy with work, the Ph.D. classes, the CUNA management project (that he got in the mail with minutes to spare ... way to go honey!), and then also being a father and trying to serve in his church callings ... that he is utterly exhausted. Only three more weeks though until he gets a week break from the school part ... yeah!


Since he is so busy ... it made Memorial Day weekend even better. He came home from church early and we loaded up the kids and drove up to St. George/New Harmony area. We visited the graves in New Harmony and then Ryan was driving and we went up to Cedar City. All of a sudden he looks at me, tells me he loves me and pulls into a hotel! While we had been loading the kids up in the car, he had packed a backpack with a change of clothes, toothbrushes and even a brush for us to stay overnight! Sweet! The kids had a blast in the hotel, with cable & a continental breakfast too. I loved getting to stop by Tai Pan the next morning and pick up some goodies for the fireplace mantel ... it was a perfect little getaway.
But ... we've realized these little drives with the kids are so exhausting & sometimes frustrating (even with the DVD and gameboy in the car to help us out) and maybe we should stop traveling for a while ...

2 comments:

OurLittleFamily said...

Looks like you had fun. What an awesome thing he planned. Okay... I am so jealous....I have always wanted to go to the Tai Pan store...the one time I was able to when in St. George, they were closed. Hope you had a good time.

April said...

What a cute family you have! We miss seeing you guys! That was so sweet of Ryan!