Friday, February 5, 2010

The new boys room

So I found this blog. Oh my goodness! I love it!!! We won't be at a place to do most of what I want any time soon, so I've signed Ryan up to work on some smaller things for the kids room first. Yes, we're redecorating, again. You would think I would focus on the upstairs ... you know the area that most people see? But, eh. Hunter's pretty excited too about it all. I've been letting him comb thru the magazines, figuring out what he likes, doesn't like and stuff. And this is basically what we've come up with. I don't want a matchy-themed room. I want something that can basically grow with Hunter, but still work for Colton & in about a year when Jax moves out of the crib ... include him too.

So, I found some alphabet letters I had bought years ago in my scrapbook stash & let him set them up, he was in heaven & keeps telling me over & over how much he loves that he's helping with his room & loves his letters. We framed them in a frame I was just going to donate to goodwill.

Then this weekend, if the weather permits, we're going to build the collector's shelves to go above Colton & Hunter's beds. She claims they'll only cost about $5 each? I told Hunter there is no real budget for this, so we'll have to keep our eyes open & thrift store some of it (I'm not paying retail for antique-y looking robots!) ... but he's loving it already. :)

4 comments:

Britta said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I love that website! Have you seen the playhouse loft bed? Awesome!

MM said...

how exciting. i think it's SOOOO important for kids to love their rooms. they should be little havens for them. ;)

OurLittleFamily said...

Such a cute idea. Very cute picture of Hunter and the alphabet frame. I can't wait to see more.

Our Story... said...

girl...all I can say is YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!