Every year in July, Target will clearance out almost half of it's toy inventory. And I am that freak of nature Mom that will visit Target every. single. day. without fail for weeks, to get the big catch. Usually it's been happening while Ryan is at the school in California, around the end of the first week ... this week it happened two weeks after that ... so every single morning I've fed & dressed the kids and then dragged them to Target ... to then have to drag them back out after a few minutes when we see what I want isn't on sale yet ... taking children daily to the toy section is really not a smart move ... but the pay off is always worth it.
This year, I went every day for three weeks, 75% off toys mean the kids get an awesome Christmas for less than we used to spend on just one of them ... definitely worth it. This year, I ended up filling up three shopping carts (some for Christmas, some for birthdays and some to go in the birthday present/party pile ... and some to return, once I could really go thru it all without prying eyes). I was able to literally get things from the gals as they were discounting them ... and at $4-$5 a pop, I didn't even cringe at a single gift.
So, persistence is my middle name ... and I can't wait for Christmas now!!! Although, I'm kind-of nervous about making the returns ... I'll look like an even bigger freak than I did checking out I'm sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
You are AWESOME!!! I am not nearly as brave or as dedicated as you are :)
but last year it was so much fun getting all the goodies together, remember? :)
Sweet...I have another friend who did that this year too. Glad you were able to get the deals!
You are amazing! I didn't even know they did that!
Post a Comment