Sunday, September 5, 2010

It bit the dust ...

My camera that is. And a blog post does not seem real without pics ... you know??? So, we had a fun August ... a week & a half trip to Vegas ... although we didn't feel like we really got to see everybody enough! And then my Mom drove back with us & enjoyed a few days in Cheyenne (dang the hot weather disappeared while she was here ... and came back after she left!) and have started to attempt to settle into our school routine. I still haven't posted about our awesome-mc-awesome trip to see the Bodily's either ... from the 4th of July!!! What can I say, I'm a slacker ... anybody wanna start donating to the "camera" fund???

We have picked up some disposable cameras ... I'll let you know if I ever swallow/choke up the money to have those pics developed. LOL.

One thing we got to do here that was really cool was visit the church farm. Which is actually located about 45 minutes away in Greeley, CO. We picked 60 bags worth of corn ... or rather 6 bags worth of corn husk junk, and three days worth of cooking/cutting and bagging ... my deep freezer stinks of corn. Thank goodness it's downstairs ... if I ever eat corn again ... it will definitely be too soon. But the kids had a BLAST running thru corn fields, being eaten alive by mosquitoes (mainly Jax ... bug spray kind-of works) and then they actually enjoyed husking the corn for the most part afterwards ... and examining all the worms we found in some of them too. Jax must have eaten at least 12 cobs (pre-cooked for the most part ... he is a sneaky little booger) ... and his diapers the next couple of days proved it. LOL.

Pics to follow ... someday ...

2 comments:

OurLittleFamily said...

That stinks about your camera...I think our spare camera would not even be worth me sending it to you...such a piece of crap...everyone has to hold their breath, not move or blink for the picture to turn out okay....but if I win a new camera anytime soon...I will be sending a camera your way for sure.

The church farm sounds cool. That is funny that Jax ate the corn like that...he can't deny it...especially with the diapers...how funny.

How was your adventure yesterday?

MM said...

definitely stinks not to have a camera. i went without a good one for a long time and made do with a dumb one. but the sooner the better, because these kiddos change way too much, way too fast! take care!