Tuesday, November 9, 2010

October

Time for a "monthly" blog post again I guess ... life is crazy busy now ... although a lot of that I guess I choose, but it's all good. :) So here's October ...
The month started out so fun w/ a trip with the ward playgroup (they are awesome ... we don't go nearly enough ... but they are seriously AWESOME!) to the pumpkin patch. The kids have never been before, so this was a fun first for them!
We were excited to not get any real snow the WHOLE month, woo-hoo! And one of the biggest perks was the kids were SOOOOO excited about jumping in a pile of leaves ... only ... the tree didn't drop too many before a BIG windstorm blew them all away ... and now it's snowing & snow again on Thursday, so the big pile of leaves to jump in may have been missed this year.I've been de-junking more & trying to clean and get ready for the never-ending winter here. So, one semi-warm day I tricked the kids into thinking scrubbing down things for winter & cleaning was fun ... and they haven't discovered the truth yet. :)
Halloween was so fun! The two older kids decided to be wizards from Gryffindor (Harry Potter), but Wal-Mart didn't have any costumes! So, the last few days BEFORE Halloween I was reminded about why I have always sworn I would NEVER, EVER, EVER make their costumes ... seriously that is crazy work! We went to Wal-Mart when their costumes went 75% off & picked up their costumes for next year already ... I will never, never, never willingly do that again!
Colton is in *LOVE* with Buzz Lightyear ... to infinity & beyond! Then on the 30th, we were able to go to the temple (Ryan's turn) and caught some thrift store shopping, yummy Costco pizza and stopped at one of Ryan's favorite stores (Bass Pro Shops). Hunter tried climbing again ... and then climbed right back down. LOL. But they did have some uber-cool free crafts the kids enjoyed & they loved wearing their PBR bandanas the rest of the day.
And then finally ... pretend like you're still reading please ... I've been scrapbooking again ... a lot ... and as much as I hate to admit it, pre-made pages are my FAVORITE! :) 20 pages in a little over 2 hours? Yes please!
So that's about it for now ... hopefully we'll have some posts before the end of this month ... Ryan ... wanna take this over for me????

2 comments:

OurLittleFamily said...

Okay...So love the PUMPKIN PATCH...that is a true pumpkin patch...awesome. Bummer the trees didn't produce more leaves. Sweet about convincing the kids that cleaning is fun! My kind of lady. They all looked cute in their costumes. James and Colton would have been awesome together this year...he was Woody. You go girl...I should have bought a costume for next year when the stuff went on clearance. Love love love the picture with all the kids in their PBR bandanas...so cute! And love the scrapbook pages...yes... I read through the whole post...I was waiting for a post...you know me...missing my G family time. Missing my Kira time too. I had you on my mind the past few days! Saw you have some cute projects you are working on...how do you find all the time...oh...and starting right around Christmas, we will be 'trying'...I got the go ahead from the Dr...who knows...this time next year, we might be a family of 4!

Britta said...

Loved reading your post...and yes I read it ALL. Your kids are so cute! I remember when my kids thought cleaning was fun. Enjoy it!
I'm sure you do. Nice to see that you're scrapbooking again...cute pages. Do you do it on the computer? What a fun October!