Friday, June 24, 2011

Cranky 2 year olds

For six years now I have had a child going thru the terrible two's ... man oh man! Some days it sucks, but for the most part ... two year olds are fun. They are learning and growing so much each day and each child has amazed me as they (and I) discover their budding personalities and quirks ... and Jaxson definitely has a lot of both of those items ... but one of my favorite things to do to him when he's a cranky butt is to take pictures. Lots of them. And I'll say things like ... "Hi Jaxson! Say cheese, come on now ... where's the big grin for Mommy???" Which usually gets a grumpy growl and a look like this ... Then I'll start clicking away ... oh look! There's such a cutie-little boy ... who's a cute little boy? You are!" And without meaning to ... I'll start to see a small smile ... followed by a larger growl ... because ... how dare I trick him into smiling like that??? And as I snap more and more and more photos ... (twenty-plus in this set) ... he'll finally show me the big grin ... without a growl ... Until wah-lah! My little boy is happy and wanting hugs and kisses and will literally just sit with his head in my lap to be kissed over & over & over again ... lol.

1 comment:

Britta said...

Who would've thought taking pictures worked. I wish I would have thought of that. He's so cute!
Good job Kira!