Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hunter's Cub Scout Goal

Hunter is working steadily on his cub scout goals this summer and recently completed and is helping on one that I thought he'd like to share about ... My cub scout goal is to plant a garden and take care of it. First we went the garden center, and I got to pull Colton and Savannah in one of the wagons. But we didn't get any plants at the first garden center. We wanted to get perennials so that they would come back year after year. We got our flowers and bushes at Home Depot and Wal-mart. When we got home we started pulling weeds, this is what it looked like before we started. Dad got home early and then we turned over the dirt. I helped chop the dirt into smaller pieces.Dad found a couple of worms. One of them was huge, it had to be about three inches. Savannah and Colton kept saying, '' Give me the worm!" They liked playing with the worms.We planted three rows. My Mom & Dad had me dig all the holes and plant all the plants on the back row. I planted three boxwood bushes and two bacopa plants (a flowering ground cover).Then we went on a bike ride, and when we got back we transplanted the tulip bulbs as the middle row. And in the front row, we planted our perennial flowers that we started as seeds a couple of months ago.Here are pictures of my garden that I took all by myself!

1 comment:

Britta said...

That is a very nice garden Hunter.
Great job!