Monday, October 12, 2009

Things I've Learned ...

So we got my wisdom teeth out almost two weeks ago. I've needed it done for some time, but timing/pregnancies/breast feeding and life have gotten in the way. Then some things have been happening that made me realize that it was a now or I'll pay more later kind of deal. LOL. So here's what I've realized about this whole experience:
  1. There is never, ever, ever (!!!) a good time to stop being a Mommy for a week.
  2. Doctor's always tell you about complications and problems and things that will FREAK. YOU. OUT. after they collect the $154 co-pay. And you KNOW they won't be giving that money back if you back out of it.
  3. They say the way you handle anesthesia is a way to see what kind of drunk you are. If that's true, I'm an very emotional drunk.
  4. It seems like everybody knows my husband ... and I always seem to make a fool out of myself around them. (I kept punching the Dr. when he came near me ... or so I'm told ... why didn't they restrain me?!??!?)
  5. I like to talk ... a lot. And it's amazing how quickly you can rack up 250 texts when you can't speak at all. **Honey ... you should REALLY consider getting the $5 extra unlimited text plan this month**
  6. Percocet is a wonderful narcotic ... if you want to be dizzy, not be able to walk straight and like feeling fuzzy all over.
  7. Despite all those wonderful side effects to percocet ... it's a HORRIBLE pain killer ... doesn't work at all.
  8. If you are moaning in pain a lot, your husband will agree to anything to make it better. Even getting a hay bale for the front yard this year. YEAH!
  9. This is a great diet idea ... seriously. I've lost weight and all I ever eat is ice cream.
  10. 9 times out of 10, I don't care how hungry you are ... food is NEVER worth it.

So almost two weeks later and I'm still popping motrin & tylenol like it was pez. I thought I was more hard core than this ... I've had lots of babies, I can do pain, right???

On the positive side ... we had insurance to pay for it all. Seriously, a huge blessing. There was a guy coming in to get some wisdom teeth out without insurance and they quoted him over $1700 for the basic procedure. Ouch!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wisdom teeth! Ouch. Hang in there girl! Wish we were closer so I could bring you some freezer meals. Happy healing!

Jason & Claire said...

Man, Kira! I'm sorry. Hang in there.

MM said...

i remember what it was like when my husband took care of me after that. glad we didn't have kids at the time, cuz it wasn't fun to recover from at all! way to handle it, supermom! enjoy the ice-cream!!!

Lisa said...

I hope you feel better quick! I got mine pulled after high school and I remember looking like a black and blue chipmunk for at least a week!

OurLittleFamily said...

That sucks that you had to go through all of that... I should feel lucky that I was fine after one day. Man oh man. I hope you are doing better...especially with the craft fair this weekend. Hope it goes well for you and your friend. Hang in there lady.