- 8:30 - Hunter is gone for school, pack up the kids and head to grocery shop @ Albertson's & King Soopers (it takes over 3 hours to sort coupons & such ... meanwhile the kids won't stay in their seats and keep running around) ... spend almost $100, but save a couple hundred.
- 12:15 - Get home, start unloading car & set up lunch for the kids ...
- 12:30 - Ryan calls needing lunch, so we re-load and take it to him. Oh! And the "I want to die this moment" happened ... his boss came up and said hi to us when we dropped off his lunch. Did I mention we'd been grocery shopping? And that I had been cutting coupons at red lights and in the parking lots trying to hurry? And that the front of the car had loose coupons & trash ALL OVER ... yeah ... and he got to see it ... that and my un-brushed hair, non-made up face ... oh yeah ... I think my cheeks are still turning red over that.
- 1:00 - Back home, finish putting away more groceries.
- 1:15 - Work on painting multiple pieces of furniture until 2:15 ... the kids are in heaven riding bikes in the front yard ... it was almost sixty degrees yesterday! :)
- 2:15 - Pack kids back in car & make a quick Sonic run.
- 2:25 - Drop off a Sonic drink to Ryan ... Jax has fallen asleep.
- 2:30 - Park at the pick up spot for Hunter, he won't get out for 45 more minutes. Spend that time sorting & cutting coupons.
- 3:15 - Hunter is done! YEAH! He got a green stick (that's good) with no warnings. He's so excited.
- 3:25 - Come home, do a load of laundry, dishes, vacuum and feed kid snacks.
- 4:30 - Realize that I still haven't started on the cinnamon rolls for tonight's RS Birthday Celebration! UGH! Quick mix & let them rise for an hour.
- 4:45 - Work on cleaning & sorting the boxes of food from this morning. We bought LOTS of cereal & pasta ... how can I store it better??? Still haven't figured it out.
- 5:40 - Try to quickly roll out & finish the cinnamon rolls. They need almost 30 minutes to bake ... and they get in the oven at 5:50 ... the birthday party is at 6:30. Unload dishwasher, change diapers and try to re-clean the front room.
- 6:15 - Ryan comes home to me in a panic ... we're out of powdered sugar! I try desperately to look up how to make them in the blender ... while he quick runs to the store and picks some up instead.
- 6:35 - Now frosting the cinnamon rolls ... but ... I'm officially late for the celebration! I slather it on as quickly as possible ... notice some loose frosting flies onto my shirt & wipe it off.
- 6:40 - Get to the celebration late ... my make up is a wreck, I couldn't find a pink shirt (like they asked us to wear) ... and yup you guessed it ... I still hadn't brushed my hair yesterday. Oh yeah, I'm a winner.
- 6:42 - I was in such a rush that I didn't wrap the cinnamon rolls nice & beautiful like everyone else ... feel very pathetic when I see the amazing wrapped gifts others have brought ... and how cute & pink everyone else looks.
- 6:50 - I sit at one of the few available seats and one of the "so nice" new gals in the ward makes fun of me ... I didn't notice a drop of the frosting got into MY HAIR!!! It's not the nice teasing either ... I've decided she may be a wench.
- 8:40 - The party isn't quite over yet, but I'm so exhausted that I head home early ... a bunch of the gals were really fun to talk to ... despite the mean gal I'm glad I went.
- 11:10 - After listening to me tell him about my day, talk incessantly about house painting plans and gardening and bargain shopping ... we finally get to lay down.
So ... how's everybody else's days going???







4 comments:
I have days like that. You handled everything like a champ.
Wow! What a day, I'm glad you survived :)
Ugh! You were very productive, but ya...that girl is a wench! I kill those people with kindness...it is hard for me to do it without ringing their freakin' neck, but I do it and then they have no idea why I am so darn nice to them. It frustrates me, but I do it to keep them guessing, I guess.
I keep telling you that you are Wonder Woman, but you never believe me.
Hopefully you got some rest. Just point out the 'wench' when I finally come to visit you...I don't think you will have problems after that! :)
I have had days like that, this week too! Just hang in there, you are doing everything you can. I would have loved your cinnamon rolls, and I would have been happy to sit with you, I would have had frosting on my shirt, and probably thread too.
Post a Comment