I've mentioned before a week and a half ago was the warmest day we've had since we moved here.
So I started sanding one dresser while Ryan was at work, and a super cute (potentially) side table that I grabbed from a neighbor in Vegas that moved out and left it on the curb. Ryan fought me hard about keeping it ... he just didn't see it's true beauty ... hidden deep beneath all the stickers, paint and funky staining. He has since admitted that he was wrong & is glad that I put my foot down and kept it. :)
Anyways, so here's how the breakdown of work went (let's pretend you're interested) ... Saturday sanding (in between bike riding & errands), Sunday snowed & was super cold & windy. It warmed up on Tuesday and Wednesday though, so during Jax's naps I primed and painted. Before the storm hit again on Thursday. Man this weather is crazy to work around! Then I had to wait until Monday this week for it to warm up enough to finally finish the staining on the side table, before it started snowing again on Tuesday.
So, here's the before of the dresser ...
and the after.
I filled in the weird design with wood putty. And we used some left over handles from the kitchen remodel at our home in Vegas. Hunter was excited to have a piece of his Vegas house in his bedroom. And then here's the before of the side table ...
and the after.
I tried taking some better pictures to really capture the color.
I did a rub on of some stain over the blue to mute it a bit, and another kitchen cabinet left over handle for it. Love it! :) Then, after I had taken these pictures a moment later I caught Colton doing this and saying "cheese!". Who am I to refuse a picture request like that?
And that immediately followed with Hunter & Savannah joining in the fun too. They sure thought they were funny. :)
And now onto a homemade piece of art this weekend ... I hope.
and the after.
I filled in the weird design with wood putty. And we used some left over handles from the kitchen remodel at our home in Vegas. Hunter was excited to have a piece of his Vegas house in his bedroom. And then here's the before of the side table ...
and the after.
I tried taking some better pictures to really capture the color.
I did a rub on of some stain over the blue to mute it a bit, and another kitchen cabinet left over handle for it. Love it! :) Then, after I had taken these pictures a moment later I caught Colton doing this and saying "cheese!". Who am I to refuse a picture request like that?
And that immediately followed with Hunter & Savannah joining in the fun too. They sure thought they were funny. :)
And now onto a homemade piece of art this weekend ... I hope.







5 comments:
oh wow - i am so impressed. you could start a business restoring old pieces of crap because you made them look amazing! looking at the after pictures, i would have never guessed they started out so ugly. they look brand new and beautiful now! what a talent you have!!!
Great job!! You are so talented!
Great Job! They look like they cost a fortune. Doesn't it make you feel so good to know you did that! WOW!
LOVE IT! WOW! You are still Wonder Woman! You did an awesome job on both. Glad you could see the beauty in the side table from before...I can see why Ryan was like 'uh no' when he saw it, but it looks great now! You rock!
Wow!!! Pretty cool work!! I especially love the side table, way to go.
Post a Comment