We tried to celebrate Easter the whole week leading up to it. Making Bread Dolls, coloring pictures, egg hunting with the ward and just trying to make the whole week a celebration of the most important event since the world's creation.
We also celebrated Easter on Saturday this year... which I have to admit ... I loved it. It made Sunday so much nicer & less stressful to get ready! I meant to have a more meaningful Easter breakfast and day ready for the kids with printables and special resurrection rolls ... and um ... that didn't happen exactly as planned (or at all if we're really honest).
And the best part was on Saturday morning we were able to really enjoy the time being lazy for 30 whole minutes ... until we had to quickly get the kids ready to go Easter egg hunting with friends from the ward ... the kids loved it!
On a side note, deciding on Friday afternoon that you want to have Easter a day EARLY is stressful ... and painful ... and your husband as a consequence won't get home until 9:00 in the evening picking up stuff for you (he didn't get off until 7:30, but still), and you'll end up staying up until 1 am getting the house ready for those pictures ... while your husband is bbq'ing your dinner (at midnight) so you guys still get your date night in for the week.
And, the next time the Easter Bunny has the brilliant idea to buy MARKERS (shudder) at 75% in January for Easter ... kick that idea to the curb. My kitchen chairs, kitchen table and a cute outfit of Colton's have all been sacrificed to the non-washable markers (seriously??? Who makes non-washable markers and markets them TO KIDS???).
We actually woke up to snow on Easter morning (are you really surprised?), so the wheat I sprouted that week became extra special. (Pictures can be found here)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Totally agree with you on the markers part! I have banned markers once again at our house. I ban them, then think my youngest has learned her lesson, but then she marks on something she shouldn't. Ugg! Will she ever learn?
Glad you had a nice Easter amid all the stress.
Post a Comment