Okay ... so I know you all have some ultra delicious recipes for Thanksgiving ... wanna share??? I usually just buy everything (Pillsbury crescent rolls, stove top stuffing, etc.) but I thought I could try and BAKE something for thanksgiving (crazy I know). Like Kal & Miki's super yummy green beans have become a family staple at Thanksgiving & I keep wanting to fry a turkey like Danielle & Anthony did ... just gotta find a deep fryer on clearance! So ... please ... post some recipes, links or put some on your blog! :)
My computer gets packed away Friday, and I won't have internet until late Tuesday night ... which leaves me really last minute for Thanksgiving ... which is next Thursday!!! Holy TOLEDO! So ... please leave some link love/ideas ... and I can put it on my to-buy list for next Monday. Thanks!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
And thanks to Lacie for her great ideas ... I've been putting some of those super yummy recipes on my to-buy list already! :)
Kira...$49 at Wal-Mart for a turkey fryer...just saw it this morning when I was picking up some Christmas gifts. They also had the peanut oil.
That turkey was yummy that year huh? That was a fun Thanksgiving. Glad you could share it with us.
I would love to send you a link of some cresent rolls a friend from high school posted. She just went to a private blog. Here is the recipe though.
CRESCENT ROLLS (This is my sister, Kim's, recipe, really)
3 cups sour milk (add 3 big lids of vinegar to milk and I microwave the milk for
about 3 minutes or so to get it to a boil)
6 T. Butter
3/8 t. soda
3 beaten eggs
9 T. sugar
3 t. salt
9 c. flour
3 pkg yeast (3 T.)
Boil milk, pour into mixing bowl (I use my kitchenaid). Add cold butter, sugar. Mix. (Once the milk has cooled a little so it's warm not hot, I add the yeast with 1 cup flour). Mix together. Let sit a couple minutes to make sure the yeast activates. Add soda, salt. Mix. Add pre-beaten eggs. Mix. Add rest of flour. Mix. Let dough stand 5 minutes. Grease pans with butter. Roll out, spread with butter, cut into triangles, roll up. Raise 2 hours. Cook @ 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes until light brown.
I usually pour a little olive oil on my counter and on my roller to roll the dough out instead of using flour. If you feel the dough needs more flour, then add more or roll out in flour instead of oil. I roll my dough out in a long rectangle about 2 hand lengths tall and 4-5 handlengths wide. Spread butter over the dough, then cut. I cut the rectangle in half lengthwise, then I use my hand as a guide to cut the other direction into small rectangles, about 4-5 cuts (equalling about 8-10 little rectangles). Then I cut each rectangle diagonally and roll each little triangle starting with the fat side, ending with the point (rolling the butter inside). My sister-in-law gave me a tip for rolling the triangles into the crescents. She picks up the dough and holds the 2 ends of the base of the triangle and she flips the dough until it's rolled up. They roll really nice and tight that way.
I will email the pick to you.
Here's links to my favorite Thanksgiving Recipes. Also anything from Pioneer Woman Cooks looks GREAT!
http://bakeonsaturday.blogspot.com/2009/11/make-ahead-mashed-potato-casserole.html
http://bakeonsaturday.blogspot.com/2009/11/mini-pumpkin-tarts.html
http://bakeonsaturday.blogspot.com/2008/11/thanksgiving-dinner.html
My assistan manager Mel sent this one out to the branch this morning. It looks yummy!
Honey Bun Cake
Batter mix
1 yellow cake mix
8 oz sour cream
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
all all items in a mixer and mix well together
cinn mix
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 t cinnamon
mix together well
frosting
3 cups powdered sugar
5 table spoons milk
mix together well and hold to pour over hot cake
oil & flour 2 tube pans
put small amount of cinn mixture on bottom of pan
put 1/4 batter mix over the cinn mixture
add half the cinn mixture over one pan the rest over the other
add 1/2 batter mix over each pan
bake at 275 for 50-60 minutes
my oven usually takes about 65 mimutes
remove cakes hot and pour frosting over the hot cakes
Post a Comment