Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Too much Candy!

So we got to go to TWO trunk or treats and trick or treating on Halloween. I absolutely love this holiday ... so much fun for the kids to get dressed up & get to go around. This year, they were the Mario Bros., Savannah was princess peach and Jax was a mushroom. Ryan left for Cheyenne on Friday, so I tried to do the trunk or treating on my own friday ... lots of fun for the kids ... stressful trying to keep an eye on all of them. We have some wonderful friends who were there & thankfully Linda (Hunter's awesome primary teacher) walked around with me. It definitely helped having so many great friends watching out for the kids. I wasn't sure if it would be okay to post the kids photos ... but these are some of the kids friends. This was our fourth year going trunk or treating with them ... I'm really going to miss all these guys.
Then Saturday we tried to do a lot, but only managed to get the pumpkin carving done (and also some last minute mario/luigi mustaches & the baby's costume appliqued on), before we took off to Grandma & Grandpa Gollmer's for the big event! Hunter carved his pumpkin COMPLETELY on his own this year (blew me away!), Savannah chose to color a picture on it, and I ended up doing all of Colton's pumpkin on my own.Unfortunately, the actual trick or treating event was cut very short. Colton was coughing pretty hard & actually threw up ... so we cut it short and the kids had a blast just hanging out at Grandma & Grandpa's handing out candy. Although Hunter said handing out the candy is HARD work!

1 comment:

MM said...

all the sudden savannah is looking so much older. ;) and i agree with hunter - handing out candy is very hard work indeed :P