Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cooking Up A Storm

Ryan is in heaven. Complete heaven lately. I've been cooking like crazy. Warm, yummy stuff. Stuff that will warm up my little hunter after he comes in from shoveling snow outside (in negative degree weather), make us not regret going outside as much (today it's -22 with the wind chill ... and it takes a car a LONG time to warm up in that weather!), and keep everyone happy kind of yummy food.
I've become addicted to the food network & food blogs lately. Here's a couple of yummy recipes we've tried:
  • Caulliflower Soup - usually Ryan doesn't like something unless it has some kind of meat, this one he went back for thirds on! It's yum-o!
  • Chorizo & Italian Stuffed Sausage - Hunter RAVED about this one. My only complaint is that it made two HUGE lasagna sized pans. Next time I'll half this recipe.
  • Pumpkin Cranberry Pecan Bundt Cake - oh my goodness. So yummy! I substituted the chai spice for plain ol' cinnamon.
  • Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream - the only advice I can give is make these tomorrow you guys! Savannah's been begging me every morning to make them. We did a double batch of pancakes, next time I'll do a triple, and still do a regular batch of the creme. It whips up very large & was too much whipped creme goodness, even for all the kids combined.
  • Last night we had chili with twice baked potatoes.

Then some I have on the agenda for this week - Creamy Tomato Soup w/ Italian Patty Melts, Penne Pasta with Sausage and Cheesy Garlic Bread & Fondue (minus the apple brandy) with these delicious bacon wrapped chickens!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for all the recipes!!! You are wonderful!

Britta said...

Thanks for the yummy sounding recipes. I'm going to try one of them tonight when the missionaries come over for dinner. Glad to hear that you guys are keeping as warm as you possibly can in that wretched weather.

MM said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...when can I be adopted into your family?! YUMMMMMMO!

Jason & Claire said...

You made me hungry reading this! I love the pictures of your before and after below. I can't believe how much you've gotten done already.

Our Story... said...

You go girl. You are inspiring me to want to cook more. I am still kinda on strike!! HAHA!! Everything sounds so yummy :)