Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Post A Day Until Christmas

Let's see how long I can keep that going ... there's just so much to share with everybody ... and this seemed like the best way to do it! So first off, it was around 20 degrees today, depending on the electronic thermostat you drove by. And I was grateful for it. Seriously. The last four days have been miserable, with the last two being around negative twenty with the wind chill. So twenty degrees was forty degrees higher than yesterday and a welcome relief! :)
So here's a picture of Hunter's new school. It's right by Ryan's work. Literally, there's a tiny two lane road, one house, and then Ryan's branch. It's working out great most mornings, Ryan drops him off at school & can get to work a little bit early. Hunter loves his school, he's making friends and he is so excited that they get to throw snowballs at recess. And he especially loves the ultra cool new hat & gloves we got him to wear (they are Bakugan!).

And then after going to TEN different stores (here, in Fort Collins & Denver) and checking endless on-line stores, we finally found him some ultra-cute, warm winter boots from The Children's Place.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Very nice, I love the boots, great taste.

MM said...

they still have recess there? here, it seems they don't have recess if it's below 40 or 50 degrees! ha ha. my son said they say it is "too extremely cold"...

that's wonderful ryan can take him to school in the mornings!

OurLittleFamily said...

I am so glad I get to see a post every day until Christmas...I was missing reading your posts about life. Awesome. I bet Hunter has fun throwing those snowballs. I hope you are able to get a better spot picking up Hunter than the other day...glad the weather is 'warmer'...if you can call that warmer. I was feeling your pain the other day in regards to weather...it was getting in the 20's here at night...burr...don't know how you are doing it. Stay warm! Can't wait to see the other posts!

Britta said...

I remember when I was going to Ricks College in Idaho and hoping that the weather would warm up to 20 or 30 degrees. Isn't that funny how much of a wimp I am now in Vegas. 40's are freezing to me.I don't know how you do it. Keep warm.
I love to read about your family life and I tried the Cauliflower soup and Chocolate chip pancakes and me and my kids LOVED it. I think I'll make them on Christmas day. That would be a yummy treat and Clint will be able to try them.:)
Thanks for all the yummy recipes.