So I've been waiting for the camera to be hooked up onto the computer ... because a blog post doesn't feel complete without pictures ... but at this rate Jax will be a year before that happens. LOL. We're here, we're safe. It's cold. Although, it's warmer than yesterday's cold (negative degrees), today it looks like it might be 27 degrees! Who would have thought I'd be grateful for that. ;)
It ended up taking us three days to get here, a nasty winter storm was so bad on Sunday that I could barely see Ryan's headlights ... and I caught the flu too. Fun times, the 6 hour drive took us almost 11 in the end. Thank goodness we hired movers to move stuff in, I could barely stand up straight and it took most of the week to become functional. So now we're nearing the end of week two in the house ... I spent an entire day finding snow boots (Wednesday), I've spent time trying to un-pack and I keep getting lost when I drive around. LOL.
We finally had our first snow this Tuesday. Hunter & Savannah were in hog heaven with it all. And Hunter has been promised three dollars for each time he shovels the walkway (so he can save up for a new DS - he broke his screen -) and with at least two snow days in the 10 day forecast, I think he'll be able to get it no problem.
Anyways ... more later ... when i have some time. It's amazing how much time un-packing is taking and then there's still the regular 4 kids thing to keep us busy too. :)
But at least we have our priorities straight ... the kitchen still isn't un-packed all the way, but the Christmas tree is up. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
YAY! home sweet home :)
Glad to see you got there safe and are unpacking. The Christmas tree IS definately a priority.
shucks, you got the flu in the middle of it all?! well, i know you will have your house looking picture perfect in no time and i can't wait to see them! (i agree with the tree going up first. ha ha. there's something magical about it and it's sure to boost moral while attempting to juggle everything.)
Wow--I have a bit to catch up on! Looks like you've been really busy. Best of luck to you with the unpacking.
Missing you guys!
I am glad you got your tree up... I know that is important to you and you were missing putting up your tree while you were in LV. Hope you found your heaters and the safety cords that you were looking for. You are all brave to handle that cold cold weather. We had frost this morning...they thought it was going to snow here last night, but it didn't, but the frost is okay though.
Post a Comment