Monday, May 24, 2010

Last Week Highlights

Saturday: A very small circus came to town, kids were free & we were able to go without any real expense. We got the kids cotton candy & chocolate candy bars. Colton was in heaven to see the elephants & tigers ... very fun. Monday: We had our first tornado touch down outside of town ... we heard the sirens only because we had just packed up to go on a walk. I realized the ONLY things I care about besides the family is our family pictures. Suck the crap away, I've got insurance, but Jax's first birthday pics can't be replaced. And I really need to get a better grip on our 72 hour kits. We need more chocolate ... for me ... when we're stuck down in the toy room for over an hour ... yes, lots more chocolate. Tuesday: We discovered Jax ISN'T allergic to peanut butter ... thanks Colton for thinking to share with him ... such a sweet brother.Wednesday: Our ward playgroup always schedules something really fun for the kids, last week was a carnival! Cupcake walk, "petting zoo", pin the tail on the pig & bowling. Friday: Hunter was off of school and most of the day was beautiful, we spent it almost entirely outside. Park time with a nice family from the ward, feeding the ducks twice & picnic lunch with Daddy ... nice days like that don't come often here. And my poor skin still hurts from the sunburn ... I never burned that easily in Vegas, guess we've been indoors way too long.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Tornado = Scary. I'm so scared of something happening here (not tornado) that I backup my pictures every month. I put them on a portable hard drive every 6 months and keep it in the Safety Deposit Box.

OurLittleFamily said...

Love the update...love the pictures. I would have been freaking out about the Tornado...but I kind of feel your pain because we get pretty bad storms here too and one of the times I got in the bathtub with James because I was so freaked out.

And the chocolate...yes...I agree!