Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Stardate 05122010

Our family seems to have crash landed on a strange, strange planet. Where men wear their guns on their hips going to Sam's Club (because we ALL know how dangerous of a place it is ...), and they've declared education as a RIGHT - which means that every year there is the possibility of having to attend a different school - even though you may never move, where every time I go grocery shopping I have someone look in my cart and make some dumb comment about the way I shop (I bulk buy whatever is on sale that week ... and NO that never has happened to me in Vegas), where people will go on & on about how low the cost of living is there (um ... I could write an entire rant about all the ways it's NOT ... think snow boots vs. flip flops, EXPENSIVE heating costs, snow clothes, higher grocery costs, insane costs of produce, etc.), and the closest Costco is a tank of gas away (round trip) ... and where they call your home at 5:15 in the morning to tell you it is NOT a snow day, even though it looks like this ... Today's high in Henderson will be 77, versus the high of 34 here. But don't worry I've been told July & August are just beautiful ... that's a big relief. ???

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Where are you again? Gesh! Crazy stuff!

Britta said...

I'm sorry! (As I bask in the warm Vegas sun).
Is the cost of living really high?
Clint just applied for a job in Wyoming. Hmmm, maybe now I'm secretly hoping that doesn't pan out.
Seriously though, I'm truly sorry and hope things get better for you.